The ‘With You’ singer, who reaches the landmark age on May 5, is having difficulty getting a club in New York, Las Vegas or Miami to host his bash because they don’t want to upset his ex-girlfriend Rihanna – who he assaulted in February 2009.
A source told the New York Post newspaper: “They don’t want to mess up their relationship, or their potential relationship with Rihanna.”
As a result of the difficulties Chris is now looking to hold the party at a private home.
Last year, the R’n'B star had a quiet birthday following his altercation with Rihanna, spending it at home with family in Virginia.
The singer has seen his career take a nosedive since the attack, for which he pled guilty in June 2009.
Chris was ordered to do a community service order as a result of his crime and has been made to pick up trash – something which he was told last month he is good at.
Speaking at the Los Angeles Superior Court, Judge Patricia Schnegg said: “You’re doing really, really well. I think you’ve made a lot of progress in the last month.”